Saturday, March 17, 2012

March Quick Writes!

5 Comments

During our Quick Write lessons, students write to a prompt for three minutes. I love what the kids come up with in such a short period of time! It's always fun to read the different stories that come from the same prompt. 

This month the prompt had to do with those crazy little green men who make mischief this time of year. Check out these Quick Writes!

I checked my leprechaun trap 
in the morning and to my surprise...

By Alex
I checked my leprechaun trap in the morning and to my surprise and disappointment it was empty. I relatched the trap and went back to my house mourning the magical friend I yearned to have. I walked into the kitchen and smelled syrup and waffles, but even such wonderful smells couldn’t lift my heartbroken feeling. I was picking at my warm, fluffy breakfast when something hit the window. I lifted my head up to see what it was. Nothing was there. I looked back at my food and grumbled to myself. BANG! My head snapped up to look at the window again. This time I got out of my seat and went outside. There were two large pieces of gold by the window…

By Deztnee
I checked my leprechaun trap in the morning and to my surprise I saw three little green men stuck inside. I didn’t actually expect to catch anything. "I’m so sorry I didn’t actually expect to catch anything!" I said.  They stared at me blankly.  "Can you understand me?" They nodded their heads yes. “Can you talk?" I asked. They shook their heads no.  "Here, I’ll let you out." I unhooked the latch and they crawled onto my hand...

By Daniel B.
I checked my leprechaun trap in the morning and to my surprise there was Great Uncle O'Brien, except smaller somehow and with a green suit. He still had that big mischievous smile of his. And then he said, “Well Johnny boy, you caught me at last.” With a wink and in half a second he disappeared in the wind and on down to the spellbound green hills Erie.

By Logan
I checked my leprechaun trap in the morning and to my surprise a miniature world had planted itself within it. A tiny planet no bigger than a grapefruit sat upon the floor of my trap. I leaned closer and could make out tiny cities and miniature nations upon its surface. I leaned closer still and began to see tiny cars and planes traversing across its surface. I scotched closer to the box and began to make out tiny people walking outside tiny buildings and sitting in front of little coffee shops sipping microscopic cups of tea. Then, I fell in.


Ha!

5 comments:

DUSTYN BREIDEL May 17, 2012 at 11:52 AM

you all have great writing skills.

Hafsa253 May 24, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I loved them all but my favorite was Logan's good job Logan - Hafsa Hassan

David June 1, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Seems like Alex wrote this without breaking a sweat! And they only had 3 minutes which makes it more interesting.

Dayzi June 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Those are such cute stories, they would make great children books!! :P

Cody June 6, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Reading all of these has inspired me. I don't think I will get to far today though.
I checked my leprechaun trap in the morning and to my surprise I found that the trap's rope was cut and the small piece of gold I left in the trap was gone and in the trap was a small ring of mushrooms.

Post a Comment