Many of you are taking the state assessment this week. Others will take it soon! Since the test dates are different for everyone, depending on where you live, I thought I should share this with everyone now.
Students, when taking the ELA test remember what we learned about answering all parts of the question. If it is a written response, you should use the RACE method when answering. Cite evidence to "prove" your answer is correct.
ELA & Math Review - Look through your CC math and SLASH notebooks to review what we've learned this year!
Study Island is also available to help you review and practice before the tests.
OOPS! Sorry if you are singing "Let it gooooooooooooo..." for the next 12 hours.
A few reminders...
On the day of your test:
- Be on time.
- Bring a photo ID (adult's drivers license, student ID, etc.).
- Use R.A.C.E. when answering open-ended questions completely.
- HULK UP your answers by citing evidence from the text, video, graphic features, etc.
- Bring headphones, if you have them (you can also use noise-cancellation headphones!).
- You can chew gum during the test, if it will help you focus.
- Don't forget to BREATHE...
You will do a great job, I know it! I am already proud of you.