Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It's Earth Day!

3 Comments


Today, April 22, is Earth Day! Join me in Class Connect for a fun lesson on all the ways the earth recycles...


and how we can recycle too!



Speaking of recycling, check out our expertly sorted trash!



Remarkable recycling!




Here are some fun Earth Day movies, crafts, games and activities that I think you will enjoy!

Readworks| Earth Day 2015 (reading passages for grades K-12)

What to Read on Earth Day (books for K-12)
 

The Lorax (original cartoon – 25 mins)
 




 

 Earth Day


By Jane Yolen 


I am the Earth
And the Earth is me.
Each blade of grass,
Each honey tree,
Each bit of mud,
And stick and stone
Is blood and muscle,
Skin and bone.

And just as I
Need every bit
Of me to make
My body fit,
So Earth needs
Grass and stone and tree
And things that grow here
Naturally.

That’s why we
Celebrate this day.
That’s why across
The world we say:
As long as life,
As dear, as free,
I am the Earth
And the Earth is me.






These are the Banana Slug String Band songs I was talking about in class.

Turn up your speakers!



Earth Day 3... 2... 1...


Alexyz and his friends learned a lot today. Check out their Exit Tickets!
[click on any image for a closer look]












Now get outside! Go for a walk! Enjoy the beautiful day!

The Lorax wants you to.

3 comments:

Anonymous April 22, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Pepa the pig was ADORABLE! I like her little brother George a lot too.
He was respectful and waited for his dad to finish reading his newspaper.
Beth

Mrs. Sol April 22, 2015 at 7:17 PM

I know Beth! I love that video! **snort**

Anonymous April 24, 2015 at 10:55 AM

I was looking on your pinterest and saw the Andy Griffith show!
That clip was funny. Opie was so small! :)
Beth

Post a Comment