Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Would you rather have 4 Oreos, or 4 x 1/4 Oreos?

9 Comments


This week in math we are learning how to predict the outcome of a multiplication problem by looking at the factors. When fractions are involved it's easy to decide if the product will be greater than or less than the original number.





___________________________________________________






___________________________________________________




If you would like to watch a very helpful video about this concept, go to Learn Zillion and type the code below into the search box.

Code: LZ3401


Here is another look at my notebook pages from this lesson. Check your work to make sure your answers are correct and your notebook is complete. You can click on the images to enlarge them.



If you were not able to finish your Quick Check in class, please k-mail your answers to me. I need a completed 5.NF.5 Quick Check from every student by Friday!


Many of your answers for the last question made me giggle. Here are a few of my favorites (click on the images to enlarge)...






What about Oreo cookies? 
Would you rather have 4 Oreos or 4 x 1/4 Oreos
(milk included)


Mmmmm... Orrrreeeeeeos...

9 comments:

Anonymous November 5, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I would totally rather have 4 oreo's+ a glass of milk.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Bethany

Anonymous November 5, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I LOVE fractions!
Bethany

Mrs. Sol November 6, 2014 at 7:24 AM

I love to EAT fractions, Bethany. :)

Anonymous November 6, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I would rather have a whole than a fraction Mrs.Sol! :)
Bethany

Mrs. Sol November 6, 2014 at 9:34 AM

EXCELLENT point, Beth. :D

evakay November 6, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I liked the kids video that was posted. P.S minecraft lover was here

Anonymous November 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I would take 1/2 of 8 Oreo's so that I would get 4 oreos
Bethany

Anonymous November 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Hey Mrs.Sol,
would you rather have 1 Oreo 2*1/2 of an oreo
Bethany

Anonymous November 6, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I saw walk two moons on the book things and wanted to say that my sister read that
Bethany

Post a Comment