Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Quick Writes!

3 Comments


Once a month, we get together to write and share our stories. The fun part is that we only have one minute to plan our story and three minutes to write. The prompts somehow relate to the month's events and the stories are quite entertaining. It's fun to share the stories when we're done because the are all unique! It's amazing how many stories can come from the same prompt!


Here are Bethany's stories from this month...

I carefully opened the heart shaped box, when suddenly... the chocolates exploded in my face! I said to Jenny, not much of a gift is it? Trevor (my brother) came out and said, "Cool!" and he took some. I said never mind the gooey chocolate on my face. And he walked away. My mom walked out and said, "What happened to you?" I said, "Chocolate exploded on my face."

-------------------------------------------------------

General Washington turned to his men and shouted... I declare War! One of his men said, "What for?" He said, "I don't really know. Never mind go get me some exploding chocolate." Thank you! Back to your station."

-------------------------------------------------------

The groundhog woke from a sound sleep when something... was thumping on the ground! He was really mad because he was having a dream about George Washington declaring war, but then called it off, and had a box of exploding chocolates. He went outside to see what it was and saw that it was just hail, and went back inside his burrow to resume.

Way to go Bethany! I love the way your stories all relate! Very creative.

When it's time to write a story and you're not sure how to begin, try quick writing. You'll be surprised how much you can get down on paper in three minutes. 
 If you have a Quick Write to share, send it to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous February 26, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Thanks for posting my quick writes!
B.T.W Jenny is my sister.
Bethany

Tracy August 21, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Hello ! I love your blog and all of the awesome ideas! May I ask where am I able to find the font that you used for your Quick Writes title?

Mrs. Sol August 25, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Hi Tracy! It's an alphabet called "Scotty" from Lettering Delights. www.letteringdelights.com/alphabet:scotty-11745.html

Thanks!
Mrs. Sol

Post a Comment