Friday, October 22, 2010

Wen's Trip to Bellingham

0 Comments

10/20/10
Today I arrived in Bellingham! YIPEEE!!! My friends here were very excited to see me. They took me on lots of adventures. I went on a bike ride and got to try Ethiopian food for the first time at a restaurant called “Queen Sheba’s” in Seattle. From there, we went to a hotel in Renton where I will swim and play tomorrow. I am so anxious for the thrills that lay ahead.

10/21/10
What a fun day I had today! I spent most of the day today in Renton with my Bellingham friends. I hung out by the hotel pool with my friend, Greysen.
 

I was afraid to get my beautiful fur wet, so I hung out in the life preserver just to be safe. 
 

From there, we went to the Fun Center where I played air hockey and rode my first motorcycle.

I had a great time and was so exhausted at the end of the day, I slept all the way from Renton back to Bellingham in the car.


10/22/10
Today was a restful day in Bellingham. We hung out inside most of the day because it was rainy and really windy. I was afraid I might blow away, so I played the car game with my friend, Greysen, and read some books. We read about mammals and reptiles. I learned all about the tuatara of New Zealand.


After that, I hung out with my other friend Olive-that is, until she tried to eat me. I was saved just in the knick of time, but had to shower to get all the baby drool off of me-yuck! Babies are cute but boy can they slobber. Overall though, I had a great day.

10/23/10
Today was another cold and rainy day here in Bellingham. We spent the morning resting and then went to a birthday party in the afternoon. It was a lot of fun! We painted pumpkins and ate cake and ice cream. We sat by the fire afterwards to get dry and warm and then watched a movie before going to bed.


10/24/10
Today was pumpkin carving day! I woke up early and had eggs and pancakes for breakfast-yummy. Then we picked out some pumpkins from a friend’s garden and spent the rest of the morning carving. I helped my friend, Greysen, carve a scary bat pumpkin. We roasted the seeds and gobbled them up by the handfuls while sipping mulled cider. I just love Fall!

Tomorrow is a big day for me. I will hop back in my box and head off to my next stop on my journey around Washington. I have had fun in Bellingham, but I am anxious to see more sights and meet more friends along the way! Stay tuned for more updates…


0 comments:

Post a Comment